Feel Free To Comment!

by paolo macariola a.k.a. happy writer

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reciprocating gravity

"Reciprocating gravity"
by paolo macariola

i held her
the same way
a child would hold his mother
so as not to be
frightened
by fireworks,
she was days my senior.
for me she was the ocean
where all of my
unhampered emotions
flowed.
her voice, the gong of stars.
i knew i loved her
after the earths gravity
pulled my body
not knowing
if she could ever love me back

she held me
the same way
i held on to my mother
whenever i grow scared
of fireworks,
she was years my junior.
for her i was the ocean
that gave meaning to the sun.
my arms, the sky that cradled her stars
i knew she loved me
after she stood ground
in the shadow of an eclipse
but the earths gravity pulled my body
and somehow i knew
how i could never love her back

No comments: